- To register for one of the scheduled Commissions listed below, students must complete and submit to The Registry a Registration for Commission form specific to their credential, including the $300 Commission fee, before the registration deadline. Late registrations will not be accepted.
Forms, including instructions, are located under Credential Resources. Be sure to complete the registration form specific to the credential you are commissioning for. Mail, fax, or scan and email your form to The Registry, Attn: Credentials.
- Review the Credential Candidate Commission Guide for more important information about student registration.
At a Commission, credential candidates demonstrate how the knowledge they have learned through completing the credential coursework applies to their current work in the early care and education field.
- Classmates and other commission candidates are present during the student’s presentation of their learning story.
- Students should reference the Portfolio/Project Guide specific to their credential for presentation guidelines.
- Each student has approximately 5-10 minutes to share their learning story. Students address the following questions within their presentation:
- How has this credential changed you as a provider?
- What does completing this credential mean to you?
- What are you passionate about as it relates to this credential?
- How will you contribute to quality care in the future?
The Individual Meeting
- Each student will meet with the Commissioner for 5-10 minutes to discuss their individual portfolio or project.
- The Commissioner will ask the student any questions s/he may have about the portfolio or project.
- The Commissioner will give the student feedback and comments.
- The student will be informed if s/he has successfully completed the Commission at this time.
- If the Commissioner has determined the student’s portfolio is incomplete, the Commissioner will give a timeline for the student to get the missing materials to the Commissioner.
Awarding a Credential
- A student will receive their Credential Certificate if the student has done the following:
- Successfully completed the Commission process.
- Submitted official transcripts for all courses with a passing grade of C- or higher to The Registry. Official transcripts must be sent directly to The Registry in an unopened, originally sealed envelope or by secure email from the institution of higher education.
- Paid the Commission fee in full.
- Received a Registry Career Level Certificate or submitted a complete application for membership. If the student’s first-time application is on “Incomplete” status, the student will not receive a Credential Certificate until the necessary fee or information is received and the “Incomplete” status is removed.
- If the student’s Registry membership is current, students will also receive an updated Registry Certificate reflecting any increases to their career level.
- Students whose Registry membership is expired are encouraged to renew.
Commissions are convened throughout the state a variety of times each year.
Host College & Commission Location
|May 30, 2020
||University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in Milwaukee
||8:30 AM - 1 PM
OPEN to Guest Students
|June 13, 2020
||University of Wisconsin-Platteville in Wisconsin Dells
OPEN to Guest Students
English & Spanish Speaking Commissioner