Fall Issue of Training Solutions: October 9, 2019
The latest issue of Training Solutions, the newsletter for Trainers, Training Assistance Professionals, & Training Sponsor Organizations is now available! This issue features a look at the following:
- 2 new features that will improve your Registry experience
- Important updates to ensure best practices are being applied
- A reminder to save the date for the 2020 PDAS Summit
- A look at the newest member of The Registry Professional Development team
- A preview of two coming updates
Fall Issue of The Registry Connection: October 1, 2019
The latest issue of The Registry Connection, the newsletter for current Registry members is now available! This issue features a look at the following topics:
- How The Registry is working to close the compensation gap in the early childhood care and education field
- New Insurance Benefit for current Registry members
- Free Webinar Training for current Registry members
Security Update: June 17, 2019
The Registry will be performing a security update on Monday, June 17, 2019, starting at 10:00 PM and lasting approximately 3 hours. You will be unable to log in to The Registry system during this time. You will still be able to access the resources available on
If you are using an outdated version of your Internet browser, you may experience issues logging in to The Registry system after the update. Please note the following:
- An up-to-date browser is important to ensure web pages and applications load properly and securely. Using a current version of your Internet browser is highly recommended.
- You can find more information regarding how to update your Internet browser by searching online or reviewing the following resource: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001388.htm
Please Note: Registry staff can provide support on questions related to using The Registry system. For questions regarding how to update an Internet browser, please refer to the resource listed above.
High School Documentation Update: May 21, 2019
Beginning on July 1, 2019, The Registry will require documentation to verify a High School Diploma, High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) or General Education Diploma (GED).
This requirement better aligns with licensing regulation DCF 251.05, which details staffing qualifications in a licensed group center. Without verification of a High School Diploma, HSED, or GED, individuals will not meet the preliminary qualifications for the following licensed positions:
- Child Care Teacher
- School-Age Group Leader / Teacher
- Center Director (50 or fewer children)
- School-Age Director (50 or fewer children)
- Center Director (51 or more children)
- School-Age Director (51 or more children)
- Center Director 51 or more in a licensed group center
These positions will no longer be listed on Registry Certificates of Achievement, effective July 1, 2019, if a High School Diploma, HSED, or GED is not verified on a Registry member's profile.
Registry 45-Day Processing Time: March 20, 2019
Beginning on April 1st, 2019, The Registry is updating the time frame individuals have to send documentation and payment after submitting their online membership application.
Members will now have 45 days to send their documentation after completing the online membership application. After 45 days, The Registry will process and finalize applications that have not submitted the necessary documentation. If payment is not submitted within 45 days, the application will be canceled. This update aligns with best practices and will help streamline our membership application processing.
Please note: During this 45 day period, The Registry will continue to send communications to inform individual applicants what documents are needed to verify information on their application.
Update to Registry Certificate of Achievement: February 4, 2019
The Registry is updating language regarding the listed qualifications on the Certificate of Achievement to better align with licensing regulations and qualifications of positions. The heading on the right side of the certificate will be updated from “Qualified For” to “Preliminary Qualifications”.
This update to the Registry Certificate of Achievement will be implemented on February 4, 2019.
The Registry System Update: January 23, 2018
The Registry will launch a system update to increase security and improve navigation.
To protect your private information, The Registry will require all users to have a unique email address. You will be asked to sign in to your Registry account with your own personal email address and password. Some users may have to verify their email address.
The Registry system is also getting a face lift. The new look will feature enhanced menus and streamline your overall experience.
Take the Video Tour | Watch the steps to verify an email address
Official Transcripts Required: Beginning January 1, 2018
Beginning on January 1, 2018, official transcripts will be required to verify degrees, credits, and/or CEUs. The Registry will only accept official transcripts from accredited colleges or universities. This requirement will prevent academic fraud and maintain the integrity of The Registry and its members.
Transcripts must be sent directly to The Registry in an unopened, originally sealed envelope or by secure email from the institution of higher education. Please note that some institutions will not provide an electronic version of an official transcript.